A Hoppy Christmas





What's that, sleighbells jingling? The salvation army bells ringing? No? Hmm, must just be me. This project is a belated christmas present for my brother who hasn't seen it yet. When I saw this fabric I knew I had to make a quilt out of it. My brother, if you hadn't guessed, loves beer.

I used the Kaufman Cheers Collection. It's a pretty simple quilt, I only cut out the blocks on the panel and corresponding sized blocks of another print in the collection, sashed, and then sewed together in strips. The back is more of the black beer glasses. The sashing is a charming print with the words for different beers.



I had visions of grand free motion quilting spelling out the virtues of beer, but went with simple stitch in the ditch quilting in the sashing for a cozier quilt. Hand bound in an orange shot cotton I had in the stash that matched.

It's a pretty great man quilt, if I do say so myself.

No comments