Intention

Hey ya'll, in the blogoverse.

So I created this blog a year or so ago in an attempt to sew more. It lasted all of one week, and under a different name. I was going to sew one thing a week (woah, crazy). This time, I'm going to be a little more realistic in my goals.

This year, I'm trying to be more intentional. I've started bullet journaling, and surprisingly, have stuck with it more than any other planner I've ever attempted. Maybe because I've got more control over it and it's not as linear. I like how it gets me to reflect on things, like how I'm feeling and how I'm doing health wise.

I use it for planning sewing things, too, but sometimes the platform is just a little too small and a little too, well, "pen and paper".

Ha, I'm a funny one, let me tell you.

So in an effort to be more intentional in all things, from my work, to my journaling, to my reading, and more, I'm doing it for sewing as well.

I want to have a record of my projects: what worked and didn't, what I liked about the technique, what thing I never want to try ever again, the fabrics that work the best for me, brands I like, and a place to plan my projects other than my head and random dispersed scribbles in ten different notebooks. I want to be able to look back and see the progress I've made and the new things I've tried. It's nice to be able to look back and see how far you've come, wave at your younger self far down the path and yell at her to "Keep coming, it's better up here!". Just don't tell her about the mountain that's coming up, guys.

So I'm going to try to blog everything I sew, and maybe a little more. The good, bag, and the tossed. Let's go.

No comments